My current research focuses on phonology, and in particular on questions related to:
- the phonetic (perceptual/articulatory) motivation for sound patterns
- the interaction of morphological, phonological and phonetic factors in word pronunciation
- grammatical models of speakers' knowledge of sound systems
- theories developed in formal linguistics (constraint-based grammars, in particular)
- experimental and corpus data
- statistical modeling
I am the organizer of the Lausanne Linguistics Research Seminar.